All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionAccessible, accurate, and up-to-date, with striking color photographs and range maps! If you love snakes, read this book. If you are repulsed by snakes, definitely read this book and you might just find yourself warming up to these fascinating creatures of mystery and myth. --Daniel Beck, Central Washington University Vignettes in the book let the armchair reader feel he or she is part of a herpetological adventure. These personal interludes make the book unique, as the straightforward identification varies little from field guide to field guide. --Traci Hartsell, Smithsonian Museum of Natural History The most impressive aspect of the book is its completeness. Each species account is very complete and includes information far beyond the diagstic characters and distributions. I learned quite a bit from reading this book. --Jeffrey R. Parmalee, Simpson CollegeInformation on how to search for herpetofauna, habitat descriptions, captive care, and a special section on reptiles and the law make these guides the perfect resource for amateur or professional naturalists. They also are ideal for anyone living in or visiting a western state who is interested in kwing more about the natural world around them.
- Author BiographyR. D. Bartlett is a veteran herpetologist/herpetoculturist with over forty years' experience writing, photographing, and educating people about reptiles and amphibians. He is the author, with Patricia P. Bartlett, a full-time editor and writer, of more than fifty books on the subject, including Florida's Snakes.
- Author(s)Patricia P. Bartlett,R. D. Bartlett
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note190 colour photos, 6 b/w photos, 85 maps
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.