Guide to Board Certification in Clinical Psychology by Fred L. Alberts, Jr., Christopher E. Ebbe (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $99.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide to mastering the board certification process in clinical psychology features proven methods for attaining success on the exam. Written by a team of experienced clinical psychologists who are former ABPP examiners and mentors, the guide provides examples of successful-and less-than-successful-application elements, including professional work statements, transcripts of practice examples, oral exam questions, and a transcript of an actual oral exam session. All of the book's content-including chapters on seeking a mentor, setting realistic timelines, preparing practice examples, and preparing for the oral exam-is focused specifically on the clinical psychology specialty. The book is replete with practical advice, examples of successful applications, and handy checklists for each stage of the process. The guide will go far in demystifying an often anxiety-ridden process and increasing the success rate of ABPP certification candidates. Key Features:Provides practical, proven advice for successfully obtaining board certification in clinical psychologyAuthored by experienced clinical psychologists who have long served as ABPP examiners and mentors to applicantsContains examples of successful and unsuccessful application elements, including work statements, practice examples, and oral exam questionsIncludes a transcript of an actual oral exam session
- Author BiographyFred, L. Alberts, Jr., PhD, ABPP, has been in independent practice in Tampa, Florida, USA since 1984. He is Board Certified in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology. Dr. Alberts is Immediate Past Chief of Psychological and Neuropsychological services at the Tampa General Hospital. He is Assistant Professor of the Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida. A Fellow of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology, Dr. Alberts is Past-President of the American Academy of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology and on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology. He is author of numerous publications in refereed journals and is Editor of the Bulletin of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology. Dr. Alberts is also Co-Editor with Theodore H. Blau, PhD, of The Cue Book: A Courtroom Companion and the Forensic Psychology Documentation Sourcebook, Second Edition. Christopher E. Ebbe, PhD, has served as Psychology Training Coordinator for the San Bernardino, CA, USA County Department of Behavioral Health for the past 30 years, treating clients and training new psychologists, including 200 doctoral psychology interns and over 100 post-doctoral residents. Dr. Ebbe is Board Certified (ABPP) in clinical psychology and is Past President of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology (2009-2011). He served as ABPP (Clinical) regional examination coordinator for several years. He was also President of the Inland Psychological Assocation (CA) several times. Dr. Ebbe was awarded the California Psychological Association's Silver Psi and several commendations from San Bernardino County for outstanding service. He is Chair-Elect of ABPP's Council of Presidents of Psychology Specialty Academies. Dr. Ebbe is the author of How To Feel Good About Yourself: Twelve Key Steps to Positive Self-Esteem (2003, 2008). David B. Kazar, PhD, ABPP, is employed by the Veterans Administration in San Antonio, Texas, USA where he provides tele-health services and service supervision to outlying facilities. His independent clinical practice, spanning approximately 20 years, provides assessment and psychotherapy services in various venues and populations including forensic assessment services. Dr. Kazar is recipient of APA's Heiser Award for Legislative Activism and Past President of the Florida Psychological Association. He is Member-at-Large for Communications of APA's Division on Psychologists in Public Service. Dr. Kazar is currently is a Fellow of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology, Secretary of the Board of Directors, and serves on the Membership Committee. He is a Member of the Florida Association of Board Certified Psychologists where he serves on the Legislative and Policy Committee and Representative for Board Certified Clinical Psychologists. Dr. Kazar is Board Certified in Clinical Psychology.
- Author(s)Christopher E. Ebbe,Fred L. Alberts,Jr.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.