All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual Property (IP) is often a company s single most valuable asset. And yet IP is hard to value, widely misunderstood and frequently under-exploited. IP accounts for an estimated $5trn of GDP in the US alone. It covers patents, trademarks, domain names, copyrights, designs and trade secrets. Unsurprisingly, companies zealously guard their own ideas and challenge the IP of others. Damages arising from infringements have fostered a sizeable claims industry. But IP law is complex, and the business, financial and legal issues around it are difficult to navigate. Court decisions and interpretation of IP laws can be unpredictable, and can dramatically change the fortunes of businesses that rely on their IP as demonstrated in the pharmaceutical industry s battle with generic drugs. This comprehensive guide to intellectual property will help companies, investors, and creative thinkers understand the scope and nature of IP issues, pose the right questions to their advisers and maximize the value from this crucial intangible asset.
- Author BiographyStephen Johnson studied genetics at Cambridge University before qualifying as a solicitor in 1982. He subsequently also qualified as an attorney and worked in the US for Kirkland & Ellis LLP for over thirty years, most recently in San Francisco. He now focuses on intellectual property (IP) from a business perspective and also consults for the US charity One Mind on IP and other policy issues affecting neuroscience research. In 2015 he was named as one of the world s leading IP strategists by Intellectual Asset Management in its IAM Strategy 300 survey.
- Author(s)Stephen Johnson
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleEconomist Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.