All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis Guide to OCR for Arabic Scripts is the first book of its kind, specifically devoted to this emerging field. Topics and features: contains contributions from the leading researchers in the field; with a Foreword by Professor Bente Maegaard of the University of Copenhagen; presents a detailed overview of Arabic character recognition techlogy, covering a range of different aspects of pre-processing and feature extraction; reviews a broad selection of varying approaches, including HMM-based methods and a recognition system based on multidimensional recurrent neural networks; examines the evaluation of Arabic script recognition systems, discussing data collection and antation, benchmarking strategies, and handwriting recognition competitions; describes numerous applications of Arabic script recognition techlogy, from historical Arabic manuscripts to online Arabic recognition.
- Author BiographyVolker Margner is Academic Director of the Institute for Communications Technology (IfN) at Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Germany. He has over 30 years research experience in image processing, pattern recognition, and handwriting recognition. He developed the IfN/ENIT-database of Arabic handwritten names which is the reference for Arabic handwritten word recognition systems and organized competitions both together with Haikal El Abed. Haikal El Abed is a Senior Research Engineer at the Institute for Communications Technology (IfN) at Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Germany. He has more than 10 years research experience in pattern recognition and Arabic text recognition, on-line and off-line. He organizes competitions and works on the collection of databases.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note184 black & white illustrations, 143 colour illustrations
- Weight972 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byHaikal El Abed,Volker Margner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.