All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the age of smartphones and selfies, why t learn from the pros how to take great photos to share with friends and family! Here's a fun, fact-filled, kid-friendly guide that is jam-packed with all the essentials for budding photographers. From how to set up a shot and stage the lighting and from the best software to short assignments, you'll learn all the important photographic concepts and basics of equipment, lighting aperture, lenses, depth of field, and more. This wide-ranging book also has sections devoted to composition and photographing different subjects (animals, people, sports, landscapes). Before and after shots offer visual explanations while tips and photographs from National Geographic photographers are featured throughout, making this the best photography guide out there today for children (and adult beginners too!). From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographyNancy Honovich is the author of many articles, short stories, and books for children, which explore a wide range of subjects from knights and inventors to animals all over the world. She works as an editor in New York City. Annie Griffiths was one of the first women photographers to work for National Geographic and she has photographed in nearly 150 countries during her illustrious career. She has worked on dozens of magazine and book projects for the Society, including stories on Lawrence of Arabia, Baja California, Galilee, Petra, Sydney, New Zealand, and Jerusalem. Annie's work has also appeared in LIFE, Geo, Smithsonian, Fortune, Merian, Stern, and many other publications. She has received awards from the National Press Photographers Association, the Associated Press, the National Organization of Women, The University of Minnesota and the White House News Photographers Association. She lives in Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author(s)Annie Griffiths,Nancy Honovich
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleNational Geographic Kids
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.74Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.