Guide to Teaching Puzzle-Based Learning by Edwin F. Meyer, Nickolas Falkner, Raja Sooriamurthi, Zbigniew Michalewicz (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides insights drawn from the authors' extensive experience in teaching Puzzle-based Learning. Practical advice is provided for teachers and lecturers evaluating a range of different formats for varying class sizes. Features: suggests numerous entertaining puzzles designed to motivate students to think about framing and solving unstructured problems; discusses models for student engagement, setting up puzzle clubs, hosting a puzzle competition, and warm-up activities; presents an overview of effective teaching approaches used in Puzzle-based Learning, covering a variety of class activities, assignment settings and assessment strategies; examines the issues involved in framing a problem and reviews a range of problem-solving strategies; contains tips for teachers and tes on common student pitfalls throughout the text; provides a collection of puzzle sets for use during a Puzzle-based Learning event, including puzzles that require probabilistic reasoning, and logic and geometry puzzles.
- Author BiographyDr. Edwin F. Meyer is an Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Baldwin Wallace University, Berea, OH, USA. Dr. Nickolas Falkner is a Senior Lecturer and Associate Dean of Information Technology in the School of Computer Science at the University of Adelaide, Australia. Dr. Raja Sooriamurthi is an Associate Teaching Professor in the Information Systems Program at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Dr. Zbigniew Michalewicz is an Emeritus Professor of the School of Computer Science at the University of Adelaide, Australia. He also holds Professor positions at the Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences and at the Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology.
- Author(s)Edwin F. Meyer,Nickolas Falkner,Raja Sooriamurthi,Zbigniew Michalewicz
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUndergraduate Topics in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 19 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight557 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.