Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with a clear, straightforward writing style and packed with step-by-step projects for direct, hands-on learning, Guide to UNIX Using Linux, International Edition is the perfect resource for learning UNIX and Linux from the ground up. Through the use of practical examples, end-of-chapter reviews, and interactive exercises, vice users are transformed into confident UNIX/Linux users who can employ utilities, master files, manage and query data, create scripts, access a network or the Internet, and navigate popular user interfaces and software. The updated 4th edition incorporates coverage of the latest versions of UNIX and Linux, including new versions of Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, and Uuntu Linux. A new chapter has also been added to cover basic networking utilities, and several other chapters have been expanded to include additional information on the KDE and GNOME desktops, as well as coverage of the popular OpenOffice.org office suite. With a strong focus on universal UNIX and Linux commands that are transferable to all versions of Linux, this book is a must-have for anyone seeking to develop their kwledge of these systems.
- Author BiographyMichael Palmer, Ph.D., is an industry consultant and educator who has written numerous networking and operating systems books, including best-selling books about Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server systems and UNIX(R)/Linux(R). He is president of CertQuick, which provides computer and networking consulting services, technical authoring services, and computer science curriculum development for schools. Dr. Palmer has worked for 30 years in higher education and industry as an instructor, professor, systems and networking specialist, technical manager, department head, and consultant. He holds bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Author(s)Michael Palmer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Weight1140 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement4th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.