All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Stories(TM) are a widely used and highly effective intervention for supporting children on the autism spectrum, but it can feel overwhelming to follow all the rules put in place to create personalised stories. Developed with the input of parents and professionals, and informed by new Social Stories research, this is a comprehensive, clear, easy step-by-step guide to writing effective personalised Social Stories(TM) that give children social information, creating many benefits for them. The book includes many examples of real Social Stories created for children by parents and teachers working together, and handy downloadable checklists that highlight the essential components of a Social Story, helping to ensure that each story you write achieves the best possible results.
- Author BiographyChris Williams is a Clinical Psychologist and Barry Wright is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. They have both worked for the NHS with children with ASDs and their families for over 20 years. They are the authors of How to Live with Autism and Asperger Syndrome: Practical Strategies for Parents and Professionals and Intervention and Support for Parents and Carers of Children and Young People on the Autism Spectrum: A Resource for Trainers, both published by JKP. They both live in North Yorkshire, UK.
- Author(s)Barry Wright,Chris Williams
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.