All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering compelling practical and legal reasons why de-identification should be one of the main approaches to protecting patients' privacy, the Guide to the De-Identification of Personal Health Information outlines a proven, risk-based methodology for the de-identification of sensitive health information. It situates and contextualizes this risk-based methodology and provides a general overview of its steps. The book supplies a detailed case for why de-identification is important as well as best practices to help you pin point when it is necessary to apply de-identification in the disclosure of personal health information. It also: * Outlines practical methods for de-identification * Describes how to measure re-identification risk * Explains how to reduce the risk of re-identification * Includes proofs and supporting reference material * Focuses only on transformations proven to work on health information-rather than covering all possible approaches, whether they work in practice or t Rated the top systems and software engineering scholar worldwide by The Journal of Systems and Software, Dr. El Emam is one of only a handful of individuals worldwide qualified to de-identify personal health information for secondary use under the HIPAA Privacy Rule Statistical Standard. In this book Dr. El Emam explains how we can make health data more accessible-while protecting patients' privacy and complying with current regulations.
- Author BiographyDr. El Emam holds the Canada Research Chair in Electronic Health Information at the University of Ottawa and is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the university. In 2003 and 2004, he was ranked as the top systems and software engineering scholar worldwide by The Journal of Systems and Software based on his research on measurement and quality evaluation and improvement. He is a senior scientist at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute and leads the multi-disciplinary Electronic Health Information Laboratory (EHIL) team. Dr. El Emam is one of only a handful of individuals worldwide known to be qualified to de-identify personal health information for secondary use under the HIPAA Privacy Rule Statistical Standard. Khaled is also a world-renowned expert in health information privacy and the head of the Electronic Health Information Laboratory www.ehealthinformation.ca which conducts cutting edge research in this area. He has been de-identifying data since 2004, and has a large following and speaks extensively on this topic. He has edited 2 books and written one already, as well as contributed chapters to a number of others.
- Author(s)Khaled El Emam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 59 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.