Guidebook for the Scientific Traveler: Visiting Physics and Chemistry Sites Across America by Duane S. Nickell (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionImagine visiting a top-secret government lab, one that was a key site for the development of nuclear weapons and nuclear fusion techlogy in the twentieth century. Well, even in today's world of color-coded security levels, the doors of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California are open to you. And it's just one of the many surprising stops along the way in Duane S. Nickell's captivating new edition of the Scientific Traveler series, Guidebook for the Scientific Traveler: Visiting Physics and Chemistry Sites across America . Are you in the mood for a trip to the Titan Missile Museum in Tucson? Want to spend some time at the Fermi National Accelerator Center near Chicago? Perhaps quench your thirst for kwledge and discovery at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery in St. Louis, where brewers are chemists at heart? Set your own pace. As an active participant or living room traveler, you'll be mesmerized as Nickell leads you on a tour of physics and chemistry sites. Written in an easy-to-read and accessible style, this comprehensive guide is a practical and fun way to promote scientific literacy. You'll meet some of the world's great physicists, engineers, and chemists as you turn pages filled with more than fifty photographs. Organized into chapters on individuals, places, and sites - from universities of science to national laboratories, particle accelerators to energy labs and beyond - Nickell illuminates the history of each topic and paints a parama of stunning achievements in physics and chemistry. Whether you're traveling in California or Maine, or taking to the road in Texas or Illiis, Nickell helps complete your trip with a state-by-state list of monumental sites and resources. From the east coast to the west, rth by rthwest, or south in search of the Florida Solar Power Energy Center, you'll enjoy all your scientific travels with Visiting Physics and Chemistry Sites across America .
- Author BiographyDUANE S. NICKELL, also the author of Guidebook for the Scientific Traveler: Visiting Astronomy and Space Exploration Sites across America, teaches physics at Franklin Central High School in Indianapolis, Indiana, and is an associate faculty member at Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis. He is the winner of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Teaching, the nation's highest honor for science and mathematics teachers.
- Author(s)Duane S. Nickell
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleScientific Traveler
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note54 photographs
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.