All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLow dimensionality is a multifarious concept which applies to very diversified materials. Thus, examples of low-dimensional systems are structures with one or several layers, single lines or patterns of lines, and small clusters isolated or dispersed in solid systems. Such low- dimensional features can be produced in a wide variety of materials systems with a broad spectrum of scientific and practical interests. These features, in turn, induce specific properties and, particularly, specific transport properties. In the case of zeolites, low dimensionality appears in the network of small-diameter pores of molecular size, extending in one, two or three di- mensions, that these solids exhibit as a characteristic feature and which explains the term of molecular sieves currently used to name these ma- terials. Indeed, a large number of industrial processes for separation of gases and liquids, and for catalysis are based upon the use of this low- dimensional feature in zeolites. For instance, zeolites constitute the first class of catalysts employed allover the world. Because of the peculiarity and flexibility of their structure (and composition), zeolites can be adapted to suit many specific and diversified applications. For this reason, zeolites are presently the object of a large and fast-growing interest among chemists and chemical engineers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/04/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number221
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight832 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDenise Barthomeuf,E. G. Derouane,Wolfgang Holderich
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.