All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionA huge amount of fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue is stored in every hospital. This is very precious material that can be used for translational research and for diagstics. The molecular methods employed for analysis of these tissues are similar to the usual molecular biology and proteomics methods, but reliable results can be obtained only if specific steps are followed with great care. This book provides detailed and precise guidelines for molecular analysis of archive tissues and will serve as an invaluable aid for researchers and pathologists involved in translational research and diagstics. Clear tes and explanations are included to simplify use of the protocols for the less experienced. The authors are a group of ackwledged experts who have developed the described methods and validated them within the European project Archive Tissues: Improving Molecular Medicine Research and Clinical Practice - IMPACTS , which has involved 21 leading institutions in 11 countries.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Stanta is Professor of Pathology at the University of Trieste. For many years his main interest has been the application of molecular analysis to fixed and paraffin-embedded tissues (all human tissues of biopsy or surgical origin), called archive tissues . This research line started thanks to his collaboration with the researchers who first applied molecular biology techniques to human diseases at Yale University, where Professor Stanta worked from 1985 to 1988. Since then he has developed several methods, in particular for RNA analysis. Professor Stanta is the coordinator of the European project Archive Tissues: Improving Molecular Medicine Research and Clinical Practice - IMPACTS (www.impactsnetwork.eu), involving around 20 European universities in 11 different countries. He is taking part as an expert in the Biobanking and Biomolecular Resources Research European Infrastructure (BBMRI). He is also on the Managing Board of the Molecular Pathology Study Group of the European Society of Pathology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/06/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight885 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGiorgio Stanta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.