All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only comprehensive source of current, evidence-based guidelines for advanced practice nursing management of the obstetric patient in an ambulatory setting. Encompassing preconception, prenatal, and postpartum nursing care, it stresses the importance of recognising pre-existing complications of pregnancy and identifying obstetric complications. The book provides best practices for care of uncomplicated pregnancies throughout the gestation period and covers preconception care, basic genetic counselling, and outpatient postpartum care, as well as assessment and management of common postpartum problems, health promotion, and lactation issues. It addresses medications that can be safely used during pregnancy and antenatal surveillance recommendations.br> The book is written by nurse practitioners with combined experience of more than 50 years of practice in women's health and obstetrics. Written for NPs, CNMs, and PAs, it provides a consistent, easy-to-access outline format that includes definition, etiology, history, physical exam, lab exam, differential diagsis, treatment, complications, consultation/referral, and follow-up. Tables and diagrams further illustrate and reinforce the content, and numerous websites and bibliographies offer sources for additional study. Key Features: Presents the first comprehensive, up-to-date source of guidelines for preconception, prenatal, and postpartum nursing care in ambulatory settings; Formats guidelines clearly and consistently for easy access to clinical information; Provides key assessments including laboratory and ultrasound diagstics; Includes the latest trends in preterm labour prevention, disaster planning, and HIV in pregnancy; Covers early parenting issues and breastfeeding for success; Provides guidelines for identifying complications and when to refer for specialist care.
- Author BiographyNancy J. Cibulka, PhD, WHNP, BC, FNP, BC, FAANP, is a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University OB-GYN clinic in St. Louis, MO, USA where she provides prenatal and well woman care for inner city women and for HIV-infected women. She is also Adjunct Clinical Professor in Nursing, Saint Louis University, Adjunct Clinical Instructor in OB/GYN (Washington University School of Medicine, and Family Nurse Practitioner, TakeCare Health Systems (St. Louis). She has over 30 years of nursing experience. Dr. Cibulka has published papers in the JOGNN, AJN, JANAC, Antiviral Therapy, JNP, Journal of Nursing Education, and the Journal of AANP, among others. She has presented papers at national conferences, including NONPF, JOGNN, MNRS, STT International, AANP, Annual EBP Conference. Honors and awards include: Research Abstract Award (AANP 2008); Research Poster (STTI 2005); School of Health Professions Distinguished Faculty Award (2005); Scholarship/Fellowship Award (Abbott Labs 2005); Maryville University President's Faculty Award for Exemplary Service for Scholarship (2005), among others. In June 2012, Dr. Cibulka was inducted into the Fellows of the AANP. Mary Lee Barron, PhD, FNP, BC, is Associate Professor, School of Nursing, St. Louis University, USA where she is Director of the Advanced Nursing Practice Programs. Additionally, she is Director, St. Louis University Nursing Center for Fertility Education and has over 30 years of nursing experience. She served in the US Naval Reserve (1975-89) where she advanced to rank of Lieutenant Commander. Dr. Barron has published 13 peer-reviewed journal articles (Journal of Reproductive Medicine, Biological Research for Nursing, JOGNN, Fertility & Sterility, American Journal of Maternal-Child Nursing, Journal of Perinatal-Neonatal Nursing, Journal of Advanced Nursing, and Clinical Nurse Specialist. Dr. Barron has authored the March of Dimes module on Antepartum Care and Laboratory Examination since 1998 and served as a Visiting Professor presenting on Born Too Soon for the Los Angeles Chapter. She has authored 10 book chapters and presents widely on topics related to breastfeeding health benefits, natural family planning, obesity and pregnancy, and HRT. She has presented regionally and nationally including NONPF , MNRS, and the Catholic Medical Association. Dr. Barron is the recipient of several awards including: Leadership Academy Fellow (AACN), Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor Society), STTI. She serves as a manuscript reviewer for Clinical Nursing Research, Linacre Quarterly (J Cath Med Assoc), MCN, and Biological Research for Nursing.
- Author(s)Mary Lee Barron,Nancy J. Cibulka
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width161 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.