Guiding K-3 Writers to Independence: The New Essentials by Gay Su Pinnell, Patricia Scharer (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this breakthrough book, internationally respected literacy researchers Gay Pinnell and Pat Scharer introduce us to community writing, which centers on the relationship between group writing such as shared and interactive writing and children's own independent writing development. At the heart of community writing is rich talk about all aspects of the writing process as well as several other key essentials the book shows you how to develop: - How to help your young writers own their topics; children write best when their writing is based on authentic topics of their choice-ideas, stories, and events that are real for them.- How to use quality children's literature to support your teaching; the authors demonstrate the importance of reading quality books to children in ways that invite children's thoughts, questions, and observations before, during, and after the reading. Conversations about books help children learn about the writer's craft.- How to teach writing all day long--beyond the writer's workshop; children learn about writing in a range of instructional contexts each day. For use with Grades K-3.
- Author BiographyGay Su Pinnell, Editor/Author, is Professor Emeritus at The Ohio State University. She has extensive experience in classroom teaching and field-based research, and has developed and implemented comprehensive approaches to literacy education. Her outstanding achievements include the International Reading Association's Albert J. Harris Award for research in reading, the Ohio Governor's Award for Education, and the Charles A. Dana Foundation Award. Pinnell is widely published in many education journals, and is the coauthor of many important literacy resources, including Guided Reading: Good First Teaching for All Children and Teaching for Comprehension in Reading, Grades K-2. Patricia L Scharer is a Professor of Education at Ohio State University and a trainer with OSU's Literacy Collaborative. Her research interests include early literacy development, phonics and word study, and the role of children's literature to foster both literary development and literacy achievement. Her research has been published in Reading Research Quarterly, Research in the Teaching of English, Language Arts, The Reading Teacher, Reading Research and Instruction and the yearbooks of the National Reading Conference and the College Reading Association. She has served as co-editor of the Journal of Children's Literature and the Children's Books column of the Reading Teacher and is currently co-editor of Bookbird: A Journal of International Children's Literature. Professor Scharer is also co-editor of Extending Our Reach: Teaching for Comprehension in Reading, Grades K-2 and co-author of Rethinking Phonics: Making the Best Teaching Decisions.
- Author(s)Gay Su Pinnell,Patricia Scharer
- PublisherScholastic US
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.