All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican higher education is under unprecedented pressure, beginning with the public funding and student debt crises and extending to inadequate performance in student retention and growing global competition. Respected educator and scholar Peter N. Stearns breaks down the underlying problems, exploring the most contentious issues for university leaders and administrators today. Guiding the American University covers the major facets of university operation-administration, faculty, and students-and discusses what should be changed and what should be preserved. Covering major topics for debate and real problems facing American higher education today-including the tenure system, online learning, administrative bloat, and campus culture-this book is a critical resource for aspiring and current higher education administrators. Research-based and stemming from a range of case studies, this book's insightful and fresh recommendations serve as an important contribution to the conversation on the future of American higher education.
- Author BiographyPeter N. Stearns is University Professor and Provost Emeritus at George Mason University.
- Author(s)Peter N. Stearns
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.