Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Catalan philosopher and theologian Guido Terreni (ca. 1270- 1342) is one of the most outstanding figures in the history of the Carmelite order. The articles gathered in the first part of this volume explore the extremely rich, though still understudied, oeuvre of the Bishop of Majorca and Elne which comprises philosophico-theological, polemical, biblical and juridical texts. Since many of these works remain unedited, the second part of the volume contains selected text editions from Guido's commentaries on Aristotle's Physics and the Decretum Gratiani, as well as from his influential Quodlibetal Questions. Altogether, the sixteen contributions in this volume offer a comprehensive and up-to-date appraisal of Guido's major contribution to the intellectual and political debates of his age and beyond.
- Author BiographyAlexander Fidora is ICREA Research Professor at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona and Executive Director of the Institute of Medieval Studies (UAB).
- PublisherBrepols Publishers
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- LanguageEnglish & French & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleTextes Et Etudes Du Moyen Age
- Series Part/Volume Number78
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols Publishers
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byA Fidora
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.