All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn February 2014, Aspen socialite Nancy Pfister was murdered in her own home--brutally bludgeoned, wrapped in a sheet, and stuffed inside a locked closet. The question was: Who did it? Fewer than twelve hours after her body was found and without any evidence, police decided a married couple from Denver had killed her. Within a few days, they arrested and charged Nancy Styler, a friend of Pfister's who'd had a falling out with her after a business deal went sour, and Dr. Trey Styler, Nancy's disabled husband, who recently lost the family home, his medical practice, and any hope of a peaceful retirement for himself and his wife. Eleven days later, police also arrested and charged Kathy Carpenter, Pfister's underpaid and overworked personal assistant and closest friend. Months later, Trey Styler, who was slowly losing his grip on reality as he battled with mental illness, confessed to the crime. Rampant speculation spread about whether he was involved at all--or if his confession was that of a man on his deathbed--because a medical condition appeared to have left him barely able to walk, much less carry out such a heius crime. In Guilt by Matrimony, Styler's widow, Nancy, reveals the answers to the biggest mysteries of this case and recounts the trauma of being falsely accused and imprisoned for a first-degree murder she had kwledge of. And, in the only interview before his death, Trey gives his account of that fateful day. New York Times bestselling author Daleen Berry covers this compelling story from the inside, following the Stylers from their fairy-tale life in Denver to the morning of their simultaneous arrest to Nancy's release from jail and her attempts to rebuild her shattered life. Filled with details from exclusive interviews, a close look at the botched small-town police work, and first-person accounts of what really happened, Guilt by Matrimony is the definitive look at a shocking murder that rocked Aspen.
- Author BiographyNancy Styler is a scientist and botanist whose interest in the Victoria Lily led her to supply the exotic flowers and its seeds to more than fifty conservatories around the world. Styler was also garden editor for Colorado Homes and Lifestyles Magazine. Educated in France as an anesthetist, Styler is also an aesthetician, an accomplished seamstress, and businesswoman with extensive public speaking experience. Most recently, she was falsely arrested, charged with first-degree murder, which is a capital offense in Colorado, and sent to two different county jails for a combined 107 days. During her stay, Styler became a mentor to several of her fellow inmates and discovered the single tragic reason most women end up incarcerated: while still young girls living at home, they were never taught that they had value, or to believe in themselves. New York Times bestselling author Daleen Berry is an award-winning journalist who writes about important social topics such as domestic violence, suicide and murder, sexual crimes, and mental illness. She is the author of Sister of Silence.
- Author(s)Nancy Styler
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content NoteB&W photos
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.