All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionGuitar in Theory and Practice is designed to give guitar players a method to become better musicians by taking the most important ideas of music and presenting them in a simplistic way for guitar players. Guitar in Theory and Practice is a systematic guide to learning all of the scales, chords and arpeggios needed for improvisation. This book includes the only proven method to learning how to play and memorize seventh arpeggios with fingerings and examples. It is designed to help students learn, memorize, and play scales, chords and arpeggios in a new way so that they can play and create the music that they always wanted to. This book also gives examples of the difficult techniques that need to be practiced on the guitar in order to become a proficient soloist. Guitar in Theory and Practice teaches students how to create their own music, and how to use these various scales, chords and arpeggios in their soloing and songwriting. I also have included blank fingerboard maps, blank chord charts, blank tation sheets, blank tabulature sheets, and blank sheets with both tab and tation for you, as I have always had trouble finding them. This book was created to show the relationships of all things, in order to help us develop our personalities and become better artists and better human beings. It also provides insights to gain a greater understanding of music and life (as music and art are a reflection of life). Guitar in Theory and Practice is the first book containing a poster that relates astrological signs, pitches, colors, planets, gods, elements of life, masculine and feminine dualities, time, intervals, numbers, modes and chakras.
- Author BiographyKevin M. Buck began violin lessons at age six and guitar lessons at age eleven. In high school, Buck's original heavy metal band enjoyed a faithful following throughout the Chicagoland area, playing at such legendary clubs as The Thirsty Whale, The Riviera, The House of Blues, and The Vic Theater. Buck has shared the stage with acclaimed artists such as Megadeth, Rob Zombie, Uli Jon Roth (Scorpions), Joe Lynn Turner (Deep Purple, Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen), Disturbed, and many others including Roger Daltry (The Who), who remarked that Kevin M. Buck is one of the greatest guitarists ever. Leslie West of Mountain said, This kid has a f DEGREEScking encyclopedia worth of sh!t in his mind. Steve Vai (Frank Zappa, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Alcatrazz) stated, I listened to a handful of your sound clips and was impressed with your technique on the instrument. Sounds like you have great control. Jam on. Buck won the 2003 Guitar Idol Competition sponsored by 97.9 WLUP-FM in Chicago. He was also in the August 2004 issue of Guitar World Magazine. Kevin M. Buck's first album, Initiation was released on October 11, 2003. Initiation is an instrumental rock album and displays Buck's creative and virtuosic guitar playing. Jason Becker (Cacophony, David Lee Roth) commented on Initiation saying, I like the CD a lot. You're the man. Buck has organized two benefit concerts for Jason Becker to help find a cure for Lou Gehrig's disease. In 2006, Uli Jon Roth awarded Buck a scholarship to attend Sky Academy in Los Angeles. Buck played with and learned from Roth, who thinks Buck's playing is very good, very very good. . . some very inventive and creative stuff. Buck enjoys teaching at guitar clinics. Buck also gives private guitar lessons as well. Buck teaches all styles of music, and has been doing so for over fifteen years. Euphoric Darkness was released October 11, 2007. Euphoric Darkness is a collection of heavy metal songs with unique and memorable vocals, riffs, and solos. This album features Buck's songwriting and vocal abilities, along with his insane guitar talent. Buck has authored a book about guitar playing and music theory titled Guitar in Theory and Practice. Buck's latest album, Musick for the New Aeon, was released on April 20th 2011 and features Atma Anur on drums and Ferdy Doernburg on keyboards. Buck's future plans include more recording and touring, and an instructional DVD.
- Author(s)Kevin M Buck
- PublisherEternal Eye Publishing
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEternal Eye Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.