Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake my word for it - don't never let body make a movie of your life's story...' Forrest Gump is back! The lovable man for all ages captured America's heart in the No.1 bestselling vel Forrest Gump and in the blockbuster film, winner of six Academy Awards(R) including Best Picture and Best Actor. Now he returns in the long-awaited sequel to the book hailed by Larry King as 'the funniest vel I have ever read'. A little older, and wiser in his own unique way, he is still running through the kaleidoscopic events of our times - and straight into the age of greed and instant gratification kwn as the 1980s. Whenever I really get stumped, I go visit Jenny's grave. She tells me she's always rooting for me. The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has gone bust and Forrest is flat broke, sweeping floors in a New Orleans strip joint when Gump & Co. begins. As always in Forrest's easy-come-easy-go life, a change in the weather is never far off...and when the opportunity to play championship football comes his way once more, Forrest is back in the limelight and in the money. But fate is a fickle lady, and he's soon out on the road selling phony encyclopedias and trying to raise his son, little Forrest, who needs his father more than ever. Forrest's remarkable, touching, and utterly comic odyssey has just begun: in store for him is an explosive attempt at hog farming; his own dubious recipe for adding life to New Coke; an encounter with Ollie North; and a chance yet again to unwittingly twist the se of history. One of the most phemenally successful books of our time, Forrest Gump was praised as 'a wacky and funny nuthouse of a book' (George Plimpton) and 'superbly controlled satire' (Florence King, Washington Post Book World); Forrest himself 'should enter the annals of fiction as a great American hero' (Rima Firrone, Ocala Star-Banner). Winston Groom continues to delight us with Gump's hilarious and heartwarming adventures. 'At least,' Forrest would agree, 'I ain't led humdrum life'.
- Author BiographyWinston Groom, author of nine books, wrote the acclaimed Vietnam War novel Better Times Than These, the prize-winning As Summers Die, and co-authored Conversations with the Enemy, which was nominated for a 1984 Pulitzer Prize. He is also the author of the No.1 New York Times bestsellers Forrest Gump and Gumpisms: The Wit and Wisdom of Forrest Gump. Mr Groom's Shrouds of Glory, an account of Confederate General John Bell Hood's decisive actions in the last great campaign of the US Civil War, was published in April, 1995. He lives in New York City and Point Clear, Alabama.
- Author(s)Winston Groom
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight171 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- 1952tewe200507 Mar, 2013by
A funny easy read on how to succeed then fail in business. Worth buying
This is a great and easy read once you get used to the idea that there are some big contradictions compared to the film's story. This follow up should be called the misadventures of Forrest Gump For most of the book. Some funny lessons on how to succeed then ultimately watch every thing go pear shaped and fail in big business. Eventually has a happy ending though.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.73
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91