Gums and Stabilisers for the Food Industry by Royal Society of Chemistry (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $151.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $84.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe breadth and depth of kwledge of gums and stabilisers has increased tremendously over the last two decades, with researchers in industry and academia collaborating to accelerate the growth. Gums and Stabilisers for the Food Industry 11 presents the latest research in the field of hydrocolloids used in food. Bringing together contributions from international experts, the first section of the book investigates the advances in structure determination and characterisation of hydrocolloids, including the use of capillary electrophoresis. Later sections deal with rheological aspects of hydrocolloids in solutions and gels; the application of hydrocolloids in real food systems; and the interfacial behaviour and gelation of proteins. A discussion of the influence of hydrocolloids on human health is also included. Researchers and other professionals in industry and academia, particularly those involved directly with food science, will welcome this title as a source of the very latest information.
- Author BiographyPeter A Williams is Professor of Polymer and Colloid Chemistry and Director of the Centre for Water Soluble Polymers at the North East Wales Institute. Has published over 170 scientific papers and edited over 30 books. He is Editor-in-Chief of the international journal Food Hydrocolloids. His research is in the area of physicochemical characterisation, solution properties and interfacial behaviour of both natural and synthetic polymers. Recent work has been involved with the determination of molecular mass distribution using flow field flow fractionation coupled to light scattering, rheological behaviour of polymer solutions and gels, associative and segregative interaction of polysaccharides, development of polysaccharide-protein complexes as novel emulsifiers.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleSpecial Publications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 278
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight850 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGlyn O. Phillips
- Series Edited byPeter A. Williams
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.