All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book describes the new advances in the science and techlogy of hydrocolloids which are used in food and related systems. The focus is on the techfunctionality and the biofunctionality of hydrocolloids, giving an appropriate emphasis to the manipulative skills of the food scientist and recognising the special part hydrocolloids can play in supporting human health. Gums and Stabilisers for the Food Industry 16 captures the latest research findings of leading scientists which were presented at the Gums and Stabilisers for the Food Industry Conference. The areas covered are: - New hydrocolloid techlogies - Hydrocolloids in focus - New hydrocolloid design - Hydrocolloids for health and wellbeing This book will be a useful information source to researchers and other professionals in industry and academia, particularly those involved with food science.
- Author BiographyProfessor Williams is the Academic Leader for Material & Analytical Science and is Director of the Centre for Water Soluble Polymers. He is a graduate of the North East Wales Institute and was awarded a PhD from the University of Salford in 1982 and a DSc in 2009. He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. He has over 30 years of experience in the synthesis, physicochemical characterisation, solution and interfacial properties of polysaccharides and other water soluble polymers. He has published over 180 research papers and edited over 30 books. Professor Phillips is currently Chairman of Research Transfer Ltd, Phillips Hydocolloids Research Ltd, the Cellucon and Trusts and the Wrexham Gums and Stabilisers Conferences. He is a Professorial Fellow at the North East Wales Institute (University of Wales) and a Consultant to several industrial organisations, including to the Association for the International Promotion of Gums. Professor Phillips graduated from the University of Wales in Chemistry and holds the degrees of Batchelor of Science (B.Sc.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Doctor of Science (D.Sc)., from this University, and is a Chartered Chemist and Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. The University of Wales conferred upon him (in 1999) the degree of Doctor of Laws (LlD) Honoris Causa for outstanding contributions to science and education . He has been awarded many other honours. Professor Phillips' research interests have centered upon carbohydrate and biomaterial systems, particularly on food hydrocolloids and medically-related biopolymers of connective tissue. He has published 56 books and (currently) 586 papers in leading scientific journals.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleSpecial Publication
- Series Part/Volume Number335
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGlyn O. Phillips,Peter A Williams,Peter A. Williams
- Format DetailsLaminated cover,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.