All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGUN DOG is: The first book written for the man with limited time and facilities who wants a gun dog fast and wants to train it himself. The first book written in this field with scientific information on the mental development of a dog. From this study by one of the nation's outstanding animal behavior laboratories, Wolters has changed the procedures in training a gun dog. The first book for the upland bird hunter that teaches the hunting commands with the use of training tools, making training easier for you and your dog. The first book to show the complete training procedures step by step in picture sequences. It will show you t only what to expect of your dog, but what your dog expects of you. You will be able to seehow to do it. GUN DOG is A REVOLUTIONARY RAPID TRAINING METHOD.
- Author BiographyRICHARD A. WOLTERSwas a leader in applying the scientific discoveries of animal behaviorists to dog training. His books on training -Game Dog, Water Dog, Gun Dog, Family Dog, andHome Dog- are recognized as classics in their fields. His historical book, The Labrador Retriever: The History...The People, was chosen as Best Dog Book of the Year by the Dog Writers Association of America. In 1984 the DWAA honored Mr. Wolters as both Writer of the Year forGame Dogand Columnist of the Year for his popular column Gun Dog inGun Dogmagazine. Well-known for his lectures and seminars on retriever training, Mr. Wolters also was a president of the Westchester, New York, Retriever Club, as well as a vice president and director of the North American Hunting Retriever Association, which he was influential in founding. A veritable Renaissance man, Mr. Wolters worked as an atomic scientist, fine-arts teacher, photographer, and as picture editor atSports Illustrated. His sporting interests included hunting, angling, bobsledding, ballooning, and soaring in sailplanes, in which he held the highest rating.
- Author(s)Richard A. Wolters
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication13/10/1997
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintDutton and Dial
- Out-of-print date06/04/2009
- Weight476 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.