All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title examines the roots of the second amendment to the US Constitution, from the history of gun rights in England, to the Founders reasoning behind the second amendment, and the responsibilities that accompany these rights. Important regulating legislation such as the National Firearms Act Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act are examined, as well as important court decisions such as District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago. Carry laws and regulations are covered, as are gun rights in other nations, as well as laws in different American states. The debate on gun control is covered, as are the National Rifle Association and the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. The Checkerboard Library is an imprint of ABDO Publishing Company.
- Author(s)Brian Kevin
- PublisherCheckerboard Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleCheckerboard Social Studies Library: Gun Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckerboard Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width201 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.