All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1838, American extremist groups invaded Canada at several places, thinking Canadians would rise up to throw off the British yoke . It never occurred to them they were invading Loyalist country, where strong memories remained of the conflicts of the American Revolution and the flight rth to remain under the British crown. In one of the most ambitious incursions, members of the Patriot Hunters sailed down the St Lawrence River in a hijacked steamship and landed near Prescott, Ontario, where they occupied a stone windmill. It took five days of bloody fighting by soldiers and militia to capture the invaders.
- Author BiographyDonald E. Graves, one of Canadas best known military historians, is the author, co-author or editor of more than 20 books dealing primarily with the Napoleonic period, including the War of 1812, and the Second World War. Click here to visit his website for information on all his books.
- Author(s)Donald E. Greaves
- PublisherRobin Brass Studio
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationScarborough, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobin Brass Studio
- Content Noteb/w photos, illus & maps
- Weight570 g
- Width205 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.