All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Tempest is small, black, as snaky as a taipan's tooth and is the woman least likely ever to embark on a career in policing. But her old mate, Superintendent Tom MacGillivray, has persuaded her to sign on as the Aboriginal Community Police Officer for the outback (t to mention throwback) township of Bluebush. Then Tom is hospitalised and Emily finds herself working for a new bloke instead: an east-coast ring-in, a martinet called Cockburn. Being allergic both to authority and to keeping her big mouth shut, Emily is immediately at odds with the new boss. And the death at the Green Swamp Well Roadhouse only complicates things. Cockburn thinks it's a simple case of two old drunks and a hammer. Emily's t convinced. Adrian Hyland takes us to the outback - a place we think we kw, and have mostly never seen.
- Author BiographyAdrian Hyland is the author of Diamond Dove.
- PrizesShortlisted for Colin Roderick Award 2010.
- Author(s)Adrian Hyland
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/05/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.