All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis reference work presents the full range of the filmmaker's artistry (photography, painting and music) through the optic of his films. It is an original work combining all facets of his creation for the first time, bringing a fresh vision of his cinematographic work. At the heart of the book is the exhibition curator Matthieu Orlean's unpublished interview with Gus Van Sant in Portland in June 2015, discussing the whole scope of his work and inspirations through a network of images organized into themes. The work also explores the work of other artists whose heritage Gus Van Sant believes he is continuing: heritage beat, pop, rock, and experimental filmmakers, writers and visual artists like William Burroughs, William Eggleston, Harmony Korine and Ed Ruscha. There is also critical analysis of the many themes Gus Van Sant tackles in his work related to his own personal reflections on life, accompanied by first-hand anecdotes and an in-depth appraisal of the production processes used in each movie, from the experimental shorts of the 70s to Sea of Trees, presented at the Cannes Festival in May 2015, soon to be released in cinemas. The mograph also feature essays by Stephane Bouquet, Benjamin Thorel, Bertrand Schefer and Stefa Boni, who provide their own interpretations of his protean work. Each essay tackles specific aspects of Gus Van Sant's creation through reflections on the heterogeus nature of his methods and approach.
- Author BiographyAmerican filmmaker, photographer and visual artist Gus Van Sant (born 1952) has been lauded for his experimental, independent projects and mainstream productions alike--from the acclaimed Drugstore Cowboy (1989) and My Own Private Idaho (1991) to Oscar-winning films such as Good Will Hunting (1997) and Milk (2008).
- Author(s)Gus van Sant,Matthieu Orlean
- PublisherActes Sud
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationArles
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintActes Sud
- Weight980 g
- Width200 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.