All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasingly kwn as the poet's poet, Goverr General's Award-winner Phil Hall has long been a constructor of intricate sequences, collecting and arranging lines and phrases, artefacts, and small revelations. He writes on influences, literary and local; he writes of rural Ontario, attempting to comprehend a deeply personal family violence; he stitches together lines and tall tales and fables from his life and the stories that float around the ethos of his variety of Ontario wilds. Hall's isn't a poetry carved into perfect diamond form but a poetry whittled from scores of found materials pulled apart and rearranged. This volume is t so much a selected poems as it is a reshuffle, a sampler from the span of Hall's published work. Guthrie Clothing is a collage-selection by Hall. Lines, stanzas, and poem-fragments are reworked and patterned into a new sequence, a fresh structure. The afterword consists of an important new essay-poem by Hall as well. It argues against irony from a rural perspective and amounts to Hall's ars poetica. In an encompassing introduction, Rob McLennan explores Hall's four-plus decades of bricolage.
- Author BiographyPhil Hall won the 2011 Governor Generals Literary Award for Poetry in English and the 2012 Trillium Book Award for his book of essay-poems Killdeer. His most recent publications are The Small Nouns Crying Faith (2013), Notes from Gethsemani (2014), and Essay on Legend (2014). He lives near Perth, Ontario. rob mclennan's indefatigable literary passion and acumen can be seen in his countless works of poetry, fiction, reviews, essays--in print and online--as well as his work as publisher and literary impresario. rob lives in Ottawa.
- Author(s)Phil Hall
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight144 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Introduction byRob Mclennan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.