All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuy de Cointet's experimental art used a combination of cryptography, typography, and tropes in visual installation pieces and performance art, books, and films. Covering his work from his early career spent in California working under Larry Bell to his early installation pieces, including canvases and books, to his fully integrated performance pieces performed across America and France, this is a comprehensive mograph on the full spectrum of the talented artist's work. Frederic Paul's examination covers everything from the artists cryptographic newspaper ACRCIT to his theatrical works combining several languages, poetry, and song such as Going to the Market, performed in the Louvres auditorium. Frederic Paul t only presents Guy de Cointet's major works in a comprehensive manner, he offers analysis on the extent and importance of Cointet's influence on art of the twentieth century and beyond. This is a truly indispensable work for those wishing to further their kwledge and understanding of one of the greatest typographical, linguistic, and cryptographic artists and dramatists of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyFrederic Paul was former director of F.R.A.C. Limousin and the Domaine de Kerguehennec. Guy de Cointet (1934-1983) was an influential twentieth-century artist and dramatist.
- Author(s)Frederic Paul,Guy de Cointet
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication04/08/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Weight1680 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.