All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- Description'I felt like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Sw White and all the other fairy-tale princesses, and Pat was my Prince Charming.' Sam Skye Lee had often thought about getting married, but never imagined that her dress would be bright pink with flashing lights and weigh a staggering 20-stone. But then she didn't count on having a gypsy wedding...It's rare for a 'gorger', or n-traveller, to marry into the gypsy community. But after a shocking childhood tragedy, Sam found the comfort she needed from an unexpected source - Patrick and his family of travellers. Gypsy Bride is the heartwarming true story of how an ordinary girl finds herself discovering an extraordinary world. A place where 'grabbing' is a sign a boy fancies you, six-year-olds get spray tans, and christenings, weddings and funerals are jaw-droppingly flamboyant. This love story is more than boy meets girl. It's about a girl who falls in love with a whole race of people and their wonderful ways.
- Author BiographySam Skye Lee (nee Norton) was born in 1993 in Wigan, Greater Manchester. She grew up in nearby St Helen's where she continues to live with her traveller husband Patrick in a local caravan park. In 2011, Sam appeared on the hit TV series Big Fat Gypsy Weddings. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Sam Skye Lee
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. ports.
- Weight230 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.