All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere was the first organized indoor hockey game played? When did the tradition of engraving winners' names on the Stanley Cup start? Which six brothers collectively played in more than 5,000 NHL games? Answers to these questions and many more can be found in H is for Hockey: An NHL Alumni Alphabet. Formed in 1999, the National Hockey League Alumni Association is affectionately kwn as Hockey's Greatest Family for good reason. Members of the NHL Alumni are considered hockey ambassadors, supporting the game and its history through many charitable causes and programs. Written by one of the game's foremost historians, this book pays tribute to them and the sport they love. Adding a personal touch are the memorable quotes sprinkled throughout the text. When 17-year-old Sidney Crosby was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2005, he said, This is amazing. It's been a lot of hard work and a lot of sacrifices. It's unbelievable!
- Author(s)Kevin Shea
- PublisherSleeping Bear Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleSleeping Bear Press Sports & Hobbies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSleeping Bear Press
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width284 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ken Dewar
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.