All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionH. P. Lovecraft is arguably the most important horror writer of the twentieth century. Culled from his 1927 essay Supernatural Horror in Literature, Lovecraft ackwledges those authors and stories that he feels are the very finest the horror field has to offer, including Washington Irving, Edgar Allan Poe, Henry James, Rudyard Kipling, Bram Stoker, Robert Louis Stevenson, Guy de Maupassant, Ambrose Bierce, and Arthur Conan Doyle. This chilling collection includes twenty works, each prefaced by Lovecraft's own opinions and insights in each author's work, as well as Henry James' wonderfully atmospheric short vel, The Turn of the Screw. For every fan of modern horror, here is an opportunity to rediscover the origins of the genre with some of most terrifying stories ever imagined.
- Author BiographyHoward Phillips Lovecraft, of Providence, Rhode Island, was an American author of horror, fantasy and science fiction. Although Lovecraft's readership was limited during his life, his reputation has grown over the decades. He is now commonly regarded as one of the most influential horror writers of the 20th Century, exerting widespread and indirect influence, and is frequently compared to Edgar Allan Poe.
- Author(s)H P Lovecraft
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight386 g
- Width132 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byStephen Jones
- Read byBronson Pinchot,Steven Crossley,Davina Porter,Madeleine Lambert,Mark Peckham
- Contained items statement14 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.