All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionH2GEO: Geotechnical Engineering for Water Resources presents practical case studies and project results for geotechnical engineering on a variety of water resources projects located in Colorado and the Western United States. Practicing geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, and hydrologists share their unique project solutions and real-world experiences with actual projects, including Colorado's oldest water resources project, new and modified dams, pipelines, tunnels, flood hydrology, flood control, ground-water supply and wells, and surface reservoirs. The seventeen papers in this collection were presented at the 2004 Biennial Geotechnical Seminar in Denver, Colorado. Many of the papers in this Geotechnical Practical Publication deal with dams. These include the 1000-year-old reservoirs used by the Ancestral Puebloans at Mesa Verde. Other dam papers discuss new mountain dams and the expansion or repair of existing dams. Flood hydrology papers present the results of erosion control projects in areas scarred by wildfires, flood control in urban areas with intermittent streams, and riverbank slope stability. The underground papers deal with water tunnel rehabilitation, mine site cleanup, deep shaft modeling, and dam conduit repair. The last group of papers examines shallow and deep groundwater wells, as well as reservoirs built in alluvium and hard bedrock. All of the papers discuss actual projects with practical applications of geotechnical engineering invation.
- PublisherAmerican Society of Civil Engineers
- Date of Publication31/07/2004
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationReston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Civil Engineers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byChristoph Goss,Richard Wiltshire
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.