Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Institute of Food Techlogists (1FT) sponsors each year a two-day short course that covers a topic of major importance to the food industry. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points was the title for the short course which was held May 31-June 1, 1991, immediately prior to the 51st Annual 1FT Meeting. These short courses have been published as a proceedings in previous years; however, the current and future importance of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system prompted publication of the 1991 short course as a book. This book is designed to serve as a reference on the principles and application of HACCP for those in quality control/assurance, technical man- agement, education and related areas who are responsible for food safety man- agement. The National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods (NACMCF) published in November 1989 a pamphlet titled HACCP Principles for Food Production (Appendix A). This document dealt with HACCP as applied to the microbiological safety of foods; however, the principles can be modified to apply to chemical, physical and other hazards in foods. The principles rec- ommended by the NACMCF have been widely recognized and adopted by the food industry and regulatory agencies. Implementation of these principles pro- vides a proactive, preventive system for managing food safety. HACCP should be applied at all stages of the food system, from production to consumption.
- Author(s)Merle D. Pierson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight355 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.