All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his defining work on emotional intelligence, bestselling author Daniel Goleman found that it is twice as important as other competencies in determining outstanding leadership. If you read thing else on emotional intelligence, read these 10 articles by experts in the field. We've combed through hundreds of articles in the Harvard Business Review archive and selected the most important ones to help you boost your emotional skills--and your professional success. This book will inspire you to: * Monitor and channel your moods and emotions * Make smart, empathetic people decisions * Manage conflict and regulate emotions within your team * React to tough situations with resilience * Better understand your strengths, weaknesses, needs, values, and goals * Develop emotional agility This collection of articles includes: What Makes a Leader by Daniel Goleman, Primal Leadership: The Hidden Driver of Great Performance by Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis, and Annie McKee, Why It's So Hard to Be Fair by Joel Brockner, Why Good Leaders Make Bad Decisions by Andrew Campbell, Jo Whitehead, and Sydney Finkelstein, Building the Emotional Intelligence of Groups by Vanessa Urch Druskat and Steve B. Wolff, The Price of Incivility: Lack of Respect Hurts Morale--and the Bottom Line by Christine Porath and Christine Pearson, How Resilience Works by Diane Coutu, Emotional Agility: How Effective Leaders Manage Their Negative Thoughts and Feelings by Susan David and Christina Congleton, Fear of Feedback by Jay M. Jackman and Myra H. Strober, and The Young and the Clueless by Kerry A. Bunker, Kathy E. Kram, and Sharon Ting.
- Author BiographyAbout Harvard Business Review Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, 11 international licensed editions, books from Harvard Business Review Press, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review provides professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
- Author(s)Annie McKee,Daniel Goleman,Harvard Business Review,Richard E. Boyatzis,Sydney Finkelstein
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleHBR's 10 Must Reads
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.