Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.68+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging graphic vel probes the modern online world where an increasing number of middle school - and high school-aged kids spend their time. Through it's sophisticated cloak-and-dagger storyline, Hackerteen teaches young readers about basic computing and Internet topics, including the potential for victimization and need for ethical behavior. Written by members of a Brazilian training company that offers classes in computer use and Internet safety to teenagers, Hackerteen stands on its own as a beautiful full-color graphic thriller with true-to-life characters and their wily nemeses. But the book is also ideal for parents and teachers who want their children and students to understand the risks of using the Internet and the proper ways to behave online.Among the advantages of Hackerteen: the book gradually introduces and expands upon computing and Internet concepts as the story progresses; through it's focus on ethical online behavior, the book teaches readers to protect themselves against spyware, phishing, and other dangers. It includes links posted at the bottom of the pages that point readers to educational tips and other material. The values of the protagonists provide models for ethical behavior. When the characters in the story have to deal with choices presented to them by their use of this powerful techlogy, it underscores the need for kwledge of the Internet and respect for what they learn.Concepts such as the Domain Name System and the Open Document Format are casually mention early on, and then take shape as important topics worthy of study as they are woven into the plot. Despite a strong market for books on basic Internet topics, Hackerteen is the only one to address teens and preteens exclusively. It's a book whose time has definitely arrived.
- Author BiographyMarcelo Marques is a graduate of FASP (Brazil) in business administration, with further degrees in business from the Getulio Vargas Foundation and in marketing from Trevisan. He currently provides IT-related services to a number of multi-national companies. In 2001, he developed a business plan and, with three partners, founded the company 4Linux. The company launched the innovative HackerTeen project, where Marcelo teaches entrepreneurship and marketing. He then assumed the presidency of LPI Brasil, created entertaining talks on open-source software and Linux, and wrote the comedy play Mundo GNU/Linux as well as the fantasy content of HackerTeen, part of which will be released as a book in 2008 by the publisher O'Reilly in the United States. Currently he serves as Director of Strategy and Marketing at 4Linux and HackerTeen.
- Author(s)Marcelo Marques
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.