Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe seminal book on white-hat hacking and countermeasures...Should be required reading for anyone with a server or a network to secure. - Bill Machrone, PC Magazine . The definitive compendium of intruder practices and tools. - Steve Steinke, Network Magazine . For almost any computer book, you can find a clone. But t this one...A one-of-a-kind study of the art of breaking in. - UNIX Review . Here is the latest edition of international best-seller, Hacking Exposed .Using real-world case studies, rewned security experts Stuart McClure, Joel Scambray, and George Kurtz show IT professionals how to protect computers and networks against the most recent security vulnerabilities. You'll find detailed examples of the latest devious break-ins and will learn how to think like a hacker in order to thwart attacks. The coverage includes: code hacking methods and countermeasures; new exploits for Windows 2003 Server, UNIX/Linux, Cisco, Apache, and Web and wireless applications; latest DDoS techniques - zombies, Blaster, MyDoom; All new class of vulnerabilities - HTTP Response Splitting; and much more.
- Author BiographyStuart McClure (Ladera Ranch, CA) is Senior Vice President of Risk Management Engineering for McAfee, where he is responsible for driving product strategy and marketing for the McAfee Foundstone family of risk mitigation and management solutions. McAfee Foundstone saves countless millions in revenue and hours annually in recovering from hacker attacks, viruses, worms, and malware. Prior to his role at McAfee, Stuart was founder, president, and chief technology officer at Foundstone, Inc., which was acquired by McAfee in October 2004. Widely recognized for his extensive and in-depth knowledge of security products, Stuart is considered one of the industry's leading authorities in information security today. A published and acclaimed security visionary, he brings many years of technology and executive leadership to McAfee Foundstone, along with profound technical, operational, and financial experience. At Foundstone, Stuart leads both product vision and strategy, and holds operational responsibilities for all technology development, support, and implementation. During his tenure, annual revenues grew over 100 percent every year since the company's inception in 1999. In 1999, he took the lead in authoring Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets & Solutions, the best-selling computer-security book ever, with over 500,000 copies sold to date. Stuart also coauthored Hacking Exposed: WIndows 2000 (McGraw-Hill/Osborne, 2001) and Web Hacking: Attacks and Defense (Addison-Wesley, 2002). Prior to Foundstone, Stuart held a variety of leadership positions in security and IT management, with Ernst & Young's National Security Profiling Team, two years as an industry analyst with InfoWorld's Test Center, five years as director of IT with both state and local California governments, two years as owner of an IT consultancy, and two years in IT with the University of Colorado, Boulder. Stuary holds a bachelor's degree in psychology and philosophy, with an emphasis in computer science applications, from the University of Colorado, Boulder. He later earned numerous ceritifications, including ISC2's CISSP, Novell's CNE, and Check Point's CCSE. Joel Scambray (Woodinville, WA) is Senior Director of Security for Microsoft's MSN. George Kurtz (Conto de Caza, CA) is Senior Vice President of Risk Managemnt for McAfee. They are all best-selling authors of all four previous editions of Hacking Exposed. McClure and Scambray also co-authored Hacking Exposed Windows 2000 and Hacking Exposed Windows Server 2003. Scambray co-authored Hacking Exposed Web Applications and Kurtz contributed to Hacking Exposed Linux.
- Author(s)George Kurtz,Joel Scambray,Stuart McClure
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleHacking Exposed
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date15/01/2009
- Content Note50 illustrations
- Weight1210 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.