All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents two primers on the discipline of hadith menclature (mustalah al-hadith) and the authentication of transmitted reports. They are Nukhbat al-fikar ( Chosen Thoughts on the Nomenclature of Hadith Experts ) by Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani (773-835AH); and Al-Tadhkirah ( The Memorandum ) by Ibn al-Mulaqqin (723-804AH). These primers were written to facilitate speedy mastery of the discipline's core material. Although the primers focus on definitions, they also include methods for addressing problems specific to the topic. Students would often commit a primer to memory while studying it with a living master who would explain its content in detail and demonstrate its application. It is through this interaction between students and instructors that Islamic education transmits both kwledge and skills across generations. In translation, these primers are ideal for English-speaking instructors looking for a primary text covering the subject's core concepts. The translations will also benefit students looking to review their lessons or to prepare themselves for more advanced studies.
- Author BiographyMusa Furber has studied traditional Islamic sciences with sheikhs in Syria and Egypt since 1994. He received a license to deliver legal edicts (fatwas) from the Grand Mufti of Egypt in 2008. He currently resides and works in Abu Dhabi.
- Author(s)Ibn Hajar,Ibn Mulaqqin
- Date of Publication18/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight101 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Translated byMusa Furber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.