All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaematology Nursing is a comprehensive handbook, with a nursing focus, on the care and management of patients with haematological disorders. Divided into four sections, the first provides an introduction to haematology, looking at haemopoiesis, immulogy and genetics. Section Two covers n-malignant haematology, including anaemia, haemoglobipathies and haemochromatosis. Section Three explores the pathophysiology, care and management of myeloproliferative and lymphoproliferative disorders, including leukaemia, myeloma, and lymphoma. The final section provides information on various nursing care interventions, including blood transfusion, veus access devices, and palliative care. Aimed principally at nurses working in a variety of settings including haematology/oncology wards, medical/haematology wards, specialist bone marrow transplant centres, and community settings, Haematology Nursing is an essential and much-needed reference guide.
- Author BiographyMarvelle Brown is a Macmillan Senior Lecturer in Haematology and Programme Leader for BSc(Hons) professional practice degrees, has worked in haematology nursing for 12 years. She entered nurse education in 1991 and specialises as a lecturer for the Clinical Haematology degree for nurses at the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Thames Valley University in Ealing. Marvelle has spoken widely at nursing conferences both nationally and internationally and features regularly in the nursing press including the RCN publication Cancer Nursing Practice. Tracey Jane Burgoyne is Senior Lecturer/Practitioner in Haematology at the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust, and is programme director for the degree level study in Haematology, Cancer Care and Palliative Care and runs the Haematology and chemotherapy courses.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byMarvelle Brown,Tracey Cutler
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.