Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionFor ages 12+. Mike wants to head up rth to the Beaufort Sea, he's got himself a good job there with an oil rig. There's place for you, and I think you better stay in one place...Don't look so panicky! Abandoning you? I'm t abandoning you! With those words Lucy Haley is forced from her Chicago home into an unfamiliar world. She is placed with a grandmother she has never met in a place she has never been. Despite this alien setting, she learns over time to love both her grandmother and her new home on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Talking to her grandmother and old friends of her mother's, she also comes closer to finding out the identity of her biological father. But when she attempts to contact him, she is met only with coldness; he is an internationally rewned Haida artist with a new family, and has time for his daughter. When Lucy becomes pregnant and her grandmother becomes ill, she has one to turn to. What follows is a story of one girl's journey from the incence of childhood to the experience of motherhood. Along the way she is met with racism and other difficult barriers, but ultimately the love and respect taught by her Native culture brings her fractured world together.
- Author(s)Mark Hatmaker
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Out-of-print date07/11/2013
- Weight174 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.