All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA player for 15 years. A manager for 30. Leicester City's victory was more - much more - than just a miracle . It was Claudio Ranieri. This is the inside story of the rise and rise of the butcher's son from Rome, whose hard work, passion for the game and ability to learn from his mistakes have earned him the respect of players, fans and owners worldwide. Between them, journalists Gabriele Marcotti and Alberto Polveros have kwn Claudio Ranieri since his early days as a determined central defender. During that time, they have closely followed his successes, his failures and his evolution - as a player, as a manager and as a person. From Ranieri's career as a dogged - if t gifted - player, to the skilful tactics, single-minded focus and risk-taking transfers that have set him apart as a manager at teams like Roma and Chelsea, this is the only in-depth insight into the man behind Leicester City's Premiership triumph.
- Author BiographyItalian journalists Gabriele Marcotti and Alberto Polverosi have followed Claudio Ranieri's career for many years. Gabriele first met him 16 years ago and went on to work with him on his column for The Times. Alberto's history goes even further back: one of his very first assignments was to cover Catanzaro's 1981 pre-season training camp, where Ranieri was a determined - if not gifted - central defender. Born in Italy and now living in London, Gabriele Marcotti is a senior writer and analyst for ESPN, World Football Correspondent for The Times and UK correspondent for Corriere dello Sport. His previous books include The Italian Job: A Journey to the Heart of Two Great Footballing Cultures, shortlisted for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award, and Capello: Portrait of a Winner. Alberto Polverosi was born in Montelupo Fiorentino, on the outskirts of Florence and has been writing for Corriere dello Sport since 1977. He has covered eight World Cups and seven European Championships. He lives in Florence.
- Author(s)Alberto Polverosi,Gabriele Marcotti
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYellow Jersey Press
- Weight588 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.