All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHairy Maclary heard a strange sound, a yowling, a wailing that echoed around ...What could be causing the caterwauling cacophony that brings Hairy Maclary and his friends running? ' A child's best introduction to books' - The Times www.hairymaclary.com
- Author BiographyLynley Dodd graduated from the Elam School of Art in Auckland with a diploma in Fine Arts, majoring in sculpture. She went on to teach art before taking a break to start a family. She began to work as a freelance illustrator and collaborated with author Eve Sutton on My Cat Likes To Hide in Boxes. There was no looking back as Lynley went on to write and illustrate her own books for children. Exuberant artwork and bouncy rhymes come together perfectly in books like Slinky Malinki and Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy. As well as being a visual delight, these are some of the most rewarding books for children and adults to read out loud. It comes as no surprise that, as a child, she adored Dr Seuss because of his 'crazy sounds and the fact that he took such liberties with the English language.' Other favourite authors included A A Milne and the fairy tales of The Grimm Brothers and Hans Christian Andersen. Today, Lynley is a big fan of Quentin Blake 'because of his humour and very clever art work.'
- Author(s)Lynley Dodd
- PublisherPenguin Group (NZ)
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width178 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.