All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1961 and still thriving today, the recreational magazine Pythagoras has given generations of high school students in the Netherlands a perspective on many branches of mathematics that are t taught in schools. This book is a selection of the best and most inspiring articles from Pythagoras magazine. It contains a mix of problems - some easy, some challenging, always original - as well as playful introductions to subjects in algebra, geometry, topology, number theory, and more. Concepts like sudoku and the magic square are given a whole new dimension. Articles on Escher's 'impossible objects', a recurring subject over the years, are part of a special section on mathematics and art. Smart high school students and anyone else with a sharp and inquisitive mind will find in this book a treasure trove rich eugh to keep one's mind engaged for many weeks and months.
- Author BiographyAlex van den Brandhof is a science writer and mathematics teacher. Jan Guichelaar is a retired theoretical physicist who remains active in the history of science. Arnout Jaspers is a freelance science writer.
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpectrum
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAlex van den Brandhof,Arnout Jaspers,Jan Guichelaar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.