All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2009, Massachusetts naturalist and historian John J. Galluzzo set out to take a half an hour walk every single day in a different place, matter what the weather was like, matter what state his health was in. In 2011, he took things 351 steps further. Staring down classic New England swstorms he set out in January on a new project, determined to walk for a half an hour in every town and city in Massachusetts on protected open space. He stormed the beaches of Cape Cod with the same ferocity with which he scaled the mountains of Berkshire County. Through rain, heat, mud and mosquitoes, he checked off towns and counties as he took te of wildlife sightings, all the while wearing his way through numerous pairs of shoes. Along the way, personal tragedy struck, within sight of his goal. The debate raged in his head - continue to the end, or drop the project to start again ather year? John John as he marches his way through the Bay State, proving once and for all that a nature trail, or at least a nature experience, is never that far away for residents of Massachusetts.
- Author BiographyJohn Galluzzo is the author of more than 35 books. This title follows his 2009 project, Half an Hour a Day on Foot: An Obsessive Exploration of the Nature of the South Shore of Boston.
- Author(s)MR John J Galluzzo
- Date of Publication05/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.