All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionOn the eve of Granny Hazel's burial in the back garden, a stranger in his time machine - a machine that bears an uncanny resemblance to a Morris Mir - visits five year-old Edward with a strange request. And Edward agrees to be his friend. But Edward is t alone in the world. His twin sister Sophia is about to bring future tragedy upon herself through an all-too-literal misunderstanding of a promise she's made to their father. So while Sophia stays at home, seemingly condemned to spend the rest of her days in The Manse - a world untouched by modern trappings - Edward is sent to boarding school. There he encounters the kind and the t-so-kind, and meets the strangest child. His name is Alf, and Alf is a boy whose very existence would seem to hint at universes of unlimited possibilities ...and who might one day help Edward liberate Sophia. With its Gothic backdrop, Half-Sick of Shadows is a vel of many parts: at once a comical tragedy, a dark and dazzlingly told tale of childhood wonder and dismay, of familial dysfunction, of poetry, the imagination and theoretical physics.
- Author BiographyBorn in Belfast in 1960, David Logan underwent neurosurgery in childhood and lost most of his hearing as a result. He left school at sixteen and worked briefly in various unskilled jobs before returning to full-time education - he has a BSc in Sociology and an MA in Ethics and the Philosophy of Religion from the University of Ulster, and also a BA in English Literature and Language from the Open University. He has written fiction for the SF, Horror and Fantasy small presses and has edited and published his own magazine. David and his wife live in Carrickfergus but escape to sunnier lands at every opportunity. When in Carrickfergus, David can be found loitering in coffee bars, staring out of windows, dreaming up ever more fantastical excuses for not going to the gym - again.
- Author(s)David Logan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date18/02/2014
- Weight532 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.