Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Halfway Home, Ronan Tynan, a member of the ermously popular Irish Ters, shares his moving life story - a story Barbara Walters calls 'so amazing you may find it hard to believe' - of overcoming adversity and attaining worldwide success in several different fields. Diagsed with a lower-limb disability at birth, Tynan had his legs amputated below the knee when he was twenty years old. Eight weeks later, he was climbing the stairs of his college dormitory, and within a year, he was winning races in the Paralympic Games, amassing eighteen gold medals and fourteen world records. After becoming the first disabled person ever admitted to the National College of Physical Education, he served a short stint in the prosthetics industry and began a new career in medicine. He continued his studies at Trinity College, where he specialized in orthopaedic sports injuries. After earning his medical degree, Tynan chose music for the next act in his life. Less than one year after he began studying voice, he won both the John McCormack Cup for Ter Voice and the BBC talent show Go For It. He went on to win the prestigious International Operatic Singing Competition in France, and in 1998 his debut Sony album, My Life Belongs to You, became a top-five hit in England within just two weeks and eventually went platinum. Later that year, he was invited to join The Irish Ters, furthering a journey that started in a small Irish village and has brought him to the world's grandest stages.
- Author BiographyBorn in Dublin, Ireland, in 1960, Ronan Tynan is one of the world-renowned Irish Tenors. Able to walk only with the aid of prosthetic limbs, he is a horseman, an athlete, a doctor, a singer, and now a writer. He lives in Ireland.
- Author(s)Ronan Tynan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2003
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight193 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.