All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince discovering the Canadian Flyer, a magical time-traveling sled, in Emily's attic, Matt and Emily have outrun disaurs in the Alberta badlands, evaded slave catchers on the Underground Railroad, and seen the last spike driven into the Canadian Pacific Railway. This time, Emily and Matt land on Citadel Hill in Halifax, Nova Scotia -- just as the SS Mont Blanc, a ship laden with explosives, explodes in the harbor!
In the chaos that follows, the two friends find a small dog wandering around with Tim, a dazed young soldier who has just returned from fighting overseas in World War I. Can Emily and Matt help Tim find his niece, Carolyn, the dog's owner? What if she's been hurt in the blast and needs help?
Frieda Wishinsky's fast-paced text makes this chapter book a riveting read, and Patricia Ann Lewis-MacDougall's action-packed illustrations help situate early readers in the time and place of the story. A special section at the back of the book highlights additional historical information as Emily and Matt each collect their favorite ten favorite facts learned on their adventure. Wishinsky shares her favorite facts here too, in a lively Q&A format.
- Author(s)Frieda Wishinsky
- PublisherMaple Tree Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCanadian Flyer Adventures (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaple Tree Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patricia Ann Lewis-Macdougall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.