CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.81Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe first collection of plays from one of Britain's finest young writers Spoonface Steinberg, Lee Hall's extraordinary, award-winning play about faith, love and the meaning of life was first broadcast on Radio Four in 1997 to unprecedented acclaim. It contains a good deal more truth than a thousand lectures on the nature of existence (Guardian). Cooking with Elvis is an Ortonesque black comedy about the family of a famous Elvis impersonator who is w tied to a wheelchair. Disgracefully entertaining (Daily Telegraph); So sharp it could cut itself as it piles on the humour (Guardian). Bollocks! is inspired by Ernst Toller's masterpiece Hinkemann. Re-located to Northern Ireland it is an examination of the impotence of lives ruined by war. Also included here are six previously unpublished radio and stage plays that prove Hall's talent as our pre-eminent contemporary writer of black comedy.
- Author BiographyAfter his acclaimed play Spoonface Steinberg (1997), Lee Hall was appointed Writer in Residence at the RSC 1999/2000 under the Pearson Playwrights Scheme Award. Other plays include Cooking with Elvis (2000, Edinburgh Festival and West End) and an adaptation of Goldoni's The Servant with Two Masters (RSC 1999). He also wrote the screenplay to the film Billy Elliot (1999), receiving an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay. His most recent play, The Pitmen Painters premiered at the Live Theatre, Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 2007 before transferring to the National Theatre 2008.
- Author(s)Lee Hall
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/05/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleContemporary Dramatists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.