All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCorduroy and his friends love to trick-or-treat, and they are excited for Halloween! His friends all have the perfect costumes in mind, but Corduroy can't decide what to be. With a little help from his friends, though, Corduroy will have the best Halloween ever!
- Author BiographyDon Freeman was born in San Diego, California, in 1908. At an early age, he received a trumpet as a gift from his father. He practiced obsessively and eventually joined a California dance band. After graduating from high school, he ventured to New York City to study art under the tutelage of Joan Sloan and Harry Wickey at the Art Students' League. He managed to support himself throughout his schooling by playing his trumpet evenings, in nightclubs and at weddings. Gradually, he eased into making a living sketching impressions of Broadway shows for The New York Times and The Herald Tribune. This shift was helped along, in no small part, by a rather heartbreaking incident: he lost his trumpet. One evening, he was so engrossed in sketching people on the subway, he simply forgot it was sitting on the seat beside him. This new career turned out to be a near-perfect fit for Don, though, as he had always loved the theater. He was introduced to the world of children's literature when William Saroyan asked him to illustrate several books. Soon after, he began to write and illustrate his own books, a career he settled into comfortably and happily. Through his writing, he was able to create his own theater: I love the flow of turning the pages, the suspense of what's next. Ideas just come at me and after me. It's all so natural. I work all the time, long into the night, and it's such a pleasure. I don't know when the time ends. I've never been happier in my life! Don died in 1978, after a long and successful career. He created many beloved characters in his lifetime, perhaps the most beloved among them a stuffed, overall-wearing bear named Corduroy. Don Freeman was the author and illustrator of many popular books for children, including Corduroy, A Pocket for Corduroy, and the Caldecott Honor Book Fly High, Fly Low.
- PublisherGrosset & Dunlap
- Date of Publication16/08/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSticker Stories (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and Stickers
- Format DetailsSticker book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.