All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamous crime velist Ariadne Oliver, visiting her friend Judith Butler in the little town of Woodleigh Common, is invited to a Hallowe'en Party put on by society hostess Mrs Rowena Drake for the local teenagers. During her preparations for the party, the conversation turns to Ariadne's grisly vels. One of the teenagers, Joyce Reylds, boasts that she once witnessed a murder, although she didn't realise at the time what she'd seen. Convinced that she is just trying to attract attention, -one believes her - but later she is found tragically drowned in an apple-bobbing tub. Distraught, Ariadne decides to call upon the services of her old friend Hercule Poirot to solve the case. Assuming that Joyce was killed because of what she said, Poirot kws he must find out if the teenager was telling the truth. If so, there is t just one death for him to investigate, but two...Starring John Moffatt as Hercule Poirot, with Stephanie Cole as Ariadne Oliver. 2 CDs. 1 hr 30 mins.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in 1890. During the World War I she worked as a hospital dispenser, where she gleaned the working knowledge of various poisons. Her first novel was The Mysterious Affair at Styles, published in 1920, followed over the next six years by four more detective novels and a short story collection. However, it was not until the publication of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd that Agatha Christie s reputation was firmly established. In 1930 the sharp-witted spinster sleuth Miss Marple made her first appearance in Murder at the Vicarage. In all, Agatha Christie published 80 crime novels and short story collections. As her play The Mousetrap (the longest-running play in the history of the theater) testifies, Agatha Christie s detective stories are likely to appeal for a long time to come. Agatha Christie was awarded a CBE in 1956 and was made a Dame of the British Empire in 1971. She died in 1976.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication09/01/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight105 g
- Width125 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Read byFull Cast,John Moffatt,Stephanie Cole
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time90
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.