All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCollectively kwn as Hallyu, Korean music, television programs, films, online games, and comics enjoy global popularity, thanks to new communication techlogies. In recent years, Korean popular culture has also become the subject of academic inquiry. Whereas the Hallyu's impact on Korea's national image and domestic ecomy, as well as on transnational cultural flows, have received much scholarly attention, there has been little discussion of the role of social media in Hallyu's propagation. Contributors to Hallyu 2.0: The Korean Wave in the Age of Social Media explore the ways in which Korean popular cultural products are shared by audiences around the globe; how they generate new fans, markets, and consumers through social media networks; and how scholars can analyze, interpret, and envision the future of this unprecedented cultural phemen.
- Author BiographySangjoon Lee is Assistant Professor in the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Abe Mark Nornes is Professor of Asian Cinema at the University of Michigan, USA.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitlePerspectives on Contemporary Korea
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note6 tables, 13 halftones, 4 figures
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAbU Mark Nornes,Sangjoon Lee
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.